Stocking up for emergencies is never a bad idea. If you don’t have your own garden, you can grow many types of vegetables indoors.
Who says you need your own garden to be self-sufficient? If you have a small area and as much light as possible in your apartment, these are good prerequisites for an extension on the windowsill.
Stock without a garden: Eight vegetables you can grow in the apartment
Even without a basement You can create an emergency supply that will last for days or even weeks without visiting the supermarket. as such Clever I mentioned, extension in the apartment is easy. You only need plant boxes or pots and potting soil. Be sure to grow vegetables in a sunny location such as a south-facing window, because vegetables only thrive with plenty of natural light. the following vegetables Particularly suitable:
- Tomatoes: Think of the trellises that the plant can climb.
- Peas and beans: Another vegetable that thrives easily at home. They also need tendrils.
- Ginger: In Healthy tubers also grow on the windowsill without any problems.
- zucchiniThis type of vegetable requires less space in height than width.
- Salad: Lettuce, spinach, or watercress in particular thrive well in the apartment.
Not only can you eat the cut vegetables raw, but most varieties can also be blanched or blanched fermenting. And there are advantages to growing indoors, too, as the growing season is much longer than the outdoor growing season, er Clever Add. While outdoor cultivation is often only possible for one to two crops per year, indoor cultivation can double that depending on the strain.
You will find more interesting garden themes In our partner’s regular newsletter 24garten.de.