Everything indicates that the iPhone 14 will be disappointing compared to its brethren iPhone 14 Pro.
iPhone 14 and 14 Max, the next generation entry models, are expected to be released Barely made improvements over iPhone 13. They will have the same processor. The big news will be for the more expensive iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max, so we may encounter some hardware Really disappointing.
In the last generations of the iPhone, we are used to the idea that The difference between regular iPhones and iPhone Pros is mainly due to the cameras. It was only worth buying the iPhone Pro if you were going to get the most out of your photos and video. We had the same design, the same processor, and sometimes the same screen. But this is over.
With the iPhone XR and iPhone 11, a significant difference can be seen compared to more expensive models, especially in the screen technology. however In the iPhone 12 generation, this difference has been reduced to a minimum. But since then, the distance between the regular iPhone and the iPhone Pro has increased, and more so than you will from now on.
iPhone 14 will disappoint you, Apple wants you to buy iPhone 14 Pro
Apple’s decision seems quite clear: the news for the most expensive iPhone only, the ones that leave a higher profit margin.
- new design. The new double hole in the screen, a major design novelty in recent years, will only be for the iPhone 14 Pro.
- A16 Bionic chip. A historic decision by Apple, only Pro models will have a new processor, and the regular iPhone 14 will repeat with the A15 Bionic chip.
- 48MP main sensor. It seems certain that we will have a new, massive main camera with a very reasonable increase in resolution. And while it hasn’t been confirmed, this could be a novelty exclusive to the Pro models.
- Upgrade functional. The screen with a variable refresh rate of up to 120Hz will continue to be exclusive to the iPhone Pro, which again makes a huge difference. The iPhone 14 will maintain a refresh rate of up to 60Hz.
- The screen is always on. Derived from the above, a very important novelty will arrive this year, but only for models equipped with ProMotion.
The only thing that can “save” the iPhone 14 from the start is its price. Given that it will be very similar to the iPhone 13, if the price does not go up, or even go down, it could be successful. However, the opposite is expected, that the price of the iPhone 14 will rise especially the Pro.