Anxiety and depression may seem like opposite situations, but they are actually two conditions that they can have together. In fact, chronic anxiety can lead to depression without realizing it and both coexist in a difficult situation to deal with.
It should be noted that anxiety is the experience of fear, fear, anxiety or anxiety in the face of real or unrealistic causes of external or internal origin. Faced with this situation, nature promises them unconscious responses to flee, defend themselves, or remain completely motionless. This disease causes severe nervousness, tremors, excessive perspiration, sweaty hands, difficulty breathing, high blood pressure, insomnia, migraines, headaches, and low self-esteem, among others.
As for depression, it is presented as an experience of grief beyond logical grief, due to a situation presented as the loss of a loved one, separation, or social rejection. thus, Depression extinguishes the illusion and the forces to do the things that have always been done. Characteristic symptoms include weight gain, excessive sleepiness, low self-esteem, poor concentration, suicidal thoughts, social isolation, and neglect of self-care.
In general, the treatment of these diseases is the use of antidepressant and anxiolytic drugs that can lead to toxic habits and can lead to other health problems. Therefore, the most appropriate thing in these cases is to follow a healthy lifestyle naturally, which helps to face and overcome the difficult situation that led to depression. In this way, Body and Mind magazine has released some tips for natural medicine that will help them break out of the cycle of depression and anxiety:
- Achieving work-life balance: Anxiety is associated with excessive stress and imbalances in cortisol and insulin levels. Constantly high cortisol makes you think that something out of your control is going to happen and weakens your immune system.
- healthy diet: It is necessary to have a proper eating rhythm and to choose healthy foods, so that nutrients are supplied to the body such as B vitamins, minerals, magnesium, lithium, iron, zinc, among others. Experts advise reducing the consumption of red meat, processed foods and foods that contain high levels of sugar.
- Detox plan: This consists of including bitter foods such as artichokes, red tea, bitter chamomile and dandelion in the diet. This allows the liver to handle the emotions in a balanced way.
- Avoid toxic habits: In general, people with anxiety can abuse drugs, smoke, take painkillers, and become addicted to alcohol. All this stimulant generates insomnia and increases anxiety levels.
- Use of adaptogenic plants: These help to withstand physical and mental stress in a better way. Experts advise consuming plants in batches such as reishi, maitake and mushrooms.
- new habits: Getting out of your comfort zone is the best option, so it’s important to get back to doing the things you love and enjoy the simplicity. In addition, it is necessary to pay attention to the environment in which you are and to have better habits that will help you increase your self-esteem. The thing that can help is to make a list of what you like and don’t do, and every day try to do an activity and take advantage of what you thought was not good or you didn’t like.
- contact with nature: Being in nature in the fresh air gives you a feeling of freedom and peace; As well as searching for new companies you can partner with. Remember that isolating yourself will only increase anxiety and depression.
- Meditation: It is necessary to learn to breathe and to do it consciously. This should be done for at least ten minutes a day and try to always do it at the same time.
- Seek professional help: Professional help will be an ideal option to get out of the situation and learn to live differently. On the other hand, acupuncture against depression is very beneficial. In fact, the view from Chinese medicine, This makes it easier to identify syndromes that can include the different manifestations we have discussed.