- While it is a fact that once a doctor proves his worth by passing medical school.
- In medical practice, a combination of skills is necessary to help apply medical science to patients.
- Learn about the Ten Commandments of Good Medical Practice.
We were great doctor It requires more than high test scores and knowledge of medical terminology.
But what is a good doctor?
While it is a fact that once a doctor has proven himself by passing medical school, he has the necessary work ethic and intelligence. In practice, a combination of skills is necessary to help apply medical science to patients.
Soft skills are personality traits that allow a person to interact effectively and harmoniously with others. Examples include: empathy, nonverbal communication, and listening skills.
secondly, Hard skills are part of the skill set required for the jobThese are gained through training, and examples of hard skills are analytical skills.
The Ten Commandments of Good Medical Practice
- Listen to your patient: Patients often make our diagnostic work easier if we listen carefully, In addition to helping them vent out of the many situations they may be in
- Your patient’s face: It is very important to listen to themBut in an organized or directed way. Have a structured conversation that contributes to your diagnosis.
- Patient Safety = Doctor Safety: If the patient is unwell, the doctor is fine. Remember that creating a medical practice that provides your patients with safe care means security in your diagnosis, in your treatment and, in unfortunate cases, the safety of your assets and your professional standing.
- Create links with your patients: Establishing an appropriate doctor-patient relationship It is very important to achieve better results.
- Stay informed: Medicine is a field that is constantly changing, it matters keep you informed To provide the best treatments available.
- Respect your time and that of your patients: There are cases where emergencies make it impossible to start a consultation on time, try not to do it too often. Patients make way in their day to come see you, Respect that timeAs well as they respect the time of your consultation by arriving on time and not using their phones during the consultation.
- Respect your patient’s privacy and avoid misunderstandings: When you go to explore a patient, try to do it in companyIdeally, either from the patient’s relatives or from the nurse. Primarily when reviewing patients of the opposite sex, preventing questioning of your profession, or a patient feeling attacked.
- Make time for them: This is a tricky point when there are many patients waiting for a consultation. But there are patients who only need a 5-10 minute consultation, and there are patients who need a one hour consultation. Take the time they need.
- Honesty: It is always important to speak the truth with patients.
- Think about how you would like to receive care, or how you would take care of a family member: Remember that patients go to the doctor at a difficult time, when they feel weak, perhaps in pain or fear. Be empathetic, treat them as you would like to be treated.
Source: Dr. Fernando Perez Galaz.
How the bots arrive in an episode of Black Mirror to fight loneliness
Public institution or independent practice? Nothing, Walmart pays better
[VIDEO] Doctor shares key recommendations to quit tobacco permanently